May 31, 2015

Rewind & Review #38

Rewind & Review

I made it through finals week! But just barely. I had so much packing to do amidst my tests and studying for them. My mom came on Tuesday, and we left Friday to return home. What should've been an eight hour trip (between driving to the airport, waiting for our plane, the flight, and then driving home) became a fourteen hour saga. Because of airline errors and weather, we didn't fly to Chicago. Instead, the airline abandoned us in Fort Wayne, Indiana. My mom and I got a rental car and then drove the four hours to get home.
But now I'm home and doing plenty of reading and writing and baking chocolate chip cookie pie, pull-apart pizza bread, mini pumpkin muffins, funfetti sugar cookies, and pancake mini muffins.
My four best friends graduated from high school the 16th, and I went to the ceremony. It was kind of weird being there, since that was me last year. Then I went to two of their parties and that was fun.
And in really great news, our house sold! There are still a few things that have to be worked out to guarantee the sale goes through but, Lord-willing, the closing will be by June 30th. Please keep this whole process in your prayers, and be praying that we can find a home in Virginia quickly and the packing and moving will go smoothly.
Book haul video at the bottom of the post. :)

Books I Received for Review
Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius (via Simon Pulse/Edelweiss)
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George (via Bloomsbury/NetGalley)
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith (via Little, Brown Books for Young Readers/NetGalley)
Alive by Chandler Baker
Ana of California by Andi Teran
A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
Omega City by Diana Peterfreund
Conviction by Kelly Loy Gilbert
The Notorious Pagan Jones by Nina Berry
Dream Things True by Maria Marquardt (via Read Between the Lynes)
First & Then by Emma Mills (on loan from the awesome Rachel at RBTL)
Don't Ever Change by Beth M. Bloom (from Becoming Book

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough (from my Secret Sister)
Jewel of the Thames by Angela Misri (e-book from my Secret Sister after I got through finals week)
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed (via trade)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (via trade)
Parallel by Lauren Miller (via trade)
I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest (via trade)
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein (via trade)
Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout (via the publisher)

Books I Bought
Anna et le French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Heir by Kiera Cass
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
The Stars of Summer by Tara Dairman
This Side of Home by Renee Watson
Sophomore Year Is Greek to Me by Meredith Zeitlin
Swept Away by Michelle Dalton
Prodigy by Marie Lu
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Nil Unlocked by Lynne Matson
River Secrets by Shannon Hale
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Books I Read
(not including all the books I read for review)
Taste Test by Kelly Fiore (4 stars)
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (2 stars)
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West (4 stars)
The Heir by Kiera Cass (3.5 stars)
Liars, Inc. by Paula Stokes (3.5 stars)
The Stars of Summer by Tara Dairman (4 stars)
This Side of Home by Renee Watson (reread)
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough (4 stars)
Swept Away by Michelle Dalton (4.5 stars)
Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas (reread)
Unleashed by Sophie Jordan (3 stars)
Minion by John David Anderson (3 stars)
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (4 stars)
Spain or Shine by Michelle Jellen (3 stars)
Getting the Boot by Peggy Guthart Strauss (2 stars)
The Sound of Munich by Suzanne Nelson (3.5 stars)
Girl Overboard by Aimee Ferris (3 stars)
Prodigy by Marie Lu (4 stars)
Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold by Katie Finn (4 stars)
The Finnish Line by Linda Gerber (3 stars)
The Great Call of China by Cynthea Liu (4 stars)
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (DNF)
Pardon My French by Catherine Hapka (3 stars)
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (5 stars)
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han (4 stars)
Sophomore Year Is Greek to Me by Meredith Zeitlin (3 stars)
Now and Zen by Linda Gerber (2 stars)
Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (4 stars)
Jewel of the Thames by Angela Misri (4 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 5/4-5/9)
   (From 5/10-5/16)
   (From 5/17-5/23)
   (From 5/24-5/30)
Upcoming Blog Posts in the Next Few Weeks (subject to change)
  • DNF Review: Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer
  • TTT: Books I Want Adapted
  • Interview with Katie M. Stout, Author of Hello, I Love You
  • Fifteen 2015 Reads Check-In
  • Review: Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
  • Clearing My Shelves
  • Review: After Hours by Claire Kennedy
  • TTT: More 2015 Releases I'm Anticipating
  • Review: The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
  • Random Friday: Places for Summer Vacation
  • Dear Incoming College Freshmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...