May 29, 2016

Rewind & Review #62


~I've joined my university's team at The Odyssey. I'll be blogging there hopefully every week. (You can check my About Me page for the link to my page there. I also think I'm going to start linking to my articles in my Rewind & Review posts, so see below for my first two posts.)
~I went to the VMFA again, this time with my best friend. It was a quiet afternoon of art. We saw the 360-degree photography exhibition and wandered through the 19th-20th century French art, the modern art, and the American art galleries.
~The best friend also introduced me to the best pie shop in Richmond. I take pie very seriously, so it was a wonderful discovery. I had a slice of sour cream and blueberry that was to die for.
~I started my summer biology course. I don't have to post on any forums or interact with my classmates, which is great. I'm a bit concerned about the quizzes, though, and there are two labs a week which seem to take longer than I'm used to with my homework. 
~We don't think my Little Love (a.k.a. Sunny, a.k.a. Fluffhead, a.k.a. our dog) is going to make it through the year, possibly the summer. He's showing early signs of kidney problems and he isn't eating regularly like he should. :(

No book haul this time. Sorry, y'all, I wasn't feeling up to it.

Books I Received for Review
We Own the Night by Ashley Poston (from Bloomsbury via NetGalley)
How to Make Out by Brianna Shrum (from Sky Pony Press via Edelweiss)
Losing Gabriel by Lurlene McDaniel (from Random House)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
A Tyranny of Petticoats by various authors (gifted from my Secret Sister, Emily, a.k.a. @WilowRedHouse on Twitter)

Books I Bought
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee

Books I Read
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (4 stars)
Just One Day by Gayle Forman (reread)
Break Me Like a Promise by Tiffany Schmidt
Breakfast Served Anytime by Sarah Combs (reread)
Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston (3 stars)
All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor (3.5 stars)
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye (4.5 stars)
The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows (3.5 stars)
The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine (DNF)
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (reread)
Scarlett Epstein Hates It Here by Anna Breslaw (3 stars)
Taste Test by Kelly Fiore (reread)
The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You by Lily Anderson (reread)
Counting Thyme by Melanie Conklin (4 stars)
Poison is Not Polite by Robin Stevens
We Own the Night by Ashley Poston

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 5/9-5/14)
   (From 5/15-5/21)
  • Reflecting on My Sophomore Year
  • TTT: Beach Reads 2016
  • Review: Break Me Like a Promise by Tiffany Schmidt
  • More of My Poetry
  • Writing Prompt #6
  • TTT: Reasons I Love Joseph-Beth Booksellers
  • 2016 Has Not Been My Year, Book-wise
  • Random Friday: Superheroes
  • Review: The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
  • SST: All the Feels Favorite Quotes + Giveaway
  • Why I Love Since You've Been Gone
  • TTT: Most Anticipated 2016 Releases Part 2
  • Sixteen 2016 Reads Check-In
  • Review: We Own the Night by Ashley Poston
  • So You Like... #28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...