December 23, 2016

Random Friday: Christmas Traditions


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following: 
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
Merry almost Christmas, everyone! I wanted to spend this post talking about a few Christmas traditions my family has, and feel free to share yours in the comments below!


1. Christmas Eve dinner - When I was much younger, we'd go to my maternal grandparents' for Christmas, and most of my mom's siblings and their families would be there too. We'd go to the Christmas Eve service at their church and then come back for a supper consisting of little appetizer-type foods. Well, my parents and I have kept up this tradition, and I like it a lot.

2. The pickle ornament - One of my mom's students gave her a miniature glass pickle ornament years ago, and it's a tradition that when I decorate the tree, I hide the little ornament deep within the branches and whichever of my parents finds it first gets to open the first present on Christmas Day. 

3. Christmas cookies - My mom and I usually bake little spritz cookies every year, and she makes peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips on top. 

4. Christmas movies - I always tape whatever ABC Family/Freeform airs, and I'll hunt down my favorites on the other stations as well. I love, love, love the Christmas season and the movies are some of the best parts. (Especially Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Santa Clause, White Christmas, and The Polar Express.)


So what are YOUR Christmas/holiday traditions?


1 comment:

  1. I know I haven't done a Random Fridays in ages, but I might join in on this one . . .
    Also, I love the pickle tradition. That's rather awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...