January 1, 2017

Rewind & Review #76


~I made it to Chicago, where it was absolutely frigid. I got to see three of my best friends and visit my old stomping grounds.
~Christmas! Lots of food and books. First Christmas without Puppy, which was hard.
~Just as I was starting to run out of room on my bookcases, I found a solution. I've needed a new nightstand since we moved a year and a half ago - I've been using a cabinet that sat in my old bathroom before - and when I stayed at one of my friends' houses two weeks ago, her brother had a four-shelf bookcase as a nightstand. I found one with six shelves that I liked, and it has a perfect surface for my lamp and dock and library books, and then five of the shelves are devoted to the longer series I own or authors who have written a lot of books. Check my Twitter for the picture I posted on Monday.
~Sarvenaz Tash mentioned me in an Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOkwIe-g7CY/?taken-by=sarvenaztash
~I went to work with my mom three times, to help them move their file room, which meant I earned a little money this break.

Books I Received for Review
The Education of Margot Sanchez by Lilliam Rivera (from Simon & Schuster via NetGalley)
Maud by Melanie J. Fishbane (from Razorbill Canada via NetGalley)
Yours Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick (from Simon & Schuster via Edelweiss)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee (won from the author on Twitter)
The Grift of the Magi by Ally Carter (gift from Secret Sister)
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Eat Like a Gilmore by Kristi Carlson (gifted by my parents)
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
Once Was a Time by Leila Sales
Poison Is Not Polite by Robin Stevens
Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott (gifted by my aunt and uncle)

Books I Bought
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Ruined by Amy Tintera
Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye

Books I Read
A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess (4 stars)
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour (4 stars)
Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood (2 stars)
The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten (3 stars)
The Midnight Star by Marie Lu (3.5 stars)
Wait for Me by Caroline Leech
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (reread)
The Grift of the Magi by Ally Carter (5 stars)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (5 stars)
Home for the Holidays by Heather Vogel Frederick (reread)
Split Second by Kasie West (reread)
Heartless by Marissa Meyer (4 stars)
Take the Key and Lock Her Up by Ally Carter (4 stars)
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (3 stars)
The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes (reread)
A Pig in Provence by Georgeanne Brennan (2.5 stars)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed in the Last Few Weeks
   (from 12/12-12/17)
   (from 12/18-12/24)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...