January 7, 2017

Rewind to 2016: Books That Got Me Through Life

After thinking over my favorite books and reading habits last year, I realized there was a common theme for the books I'm about to list. All of them were wonderful escapes from the tediousness of homework, from summer boredom, and for when I was feeling down. I reread several of these multiple times (and a few were not new reads at all), and I made it through all the awfulness of 2016 because of these books.

This spring, I read The Only Thing Worse Than Me Is You and immediately fell in love. I've reread it at least twice since.

This summer featured Rebel of the Sands, The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love, and P.S. I Like You, as well as rereading all of Morgan Matson's books. I also got to read The Unexpected Everything for the first time in May and I love it just as much as Second Chance Summer and Since You've Been Gone.

This fall, I read Some Kind of Happiness and it was the middle grade book I never knew I needed.
The conclusion to the Firebird trilogy, A Million Worlds with You, was heartbreaking and wonderful.
And then I finally started reading the Harry Potter books. I borrowed Elise's copies, and she lets me annotate them like she does, so that's been a delight.


Which books made 2016 better for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...